Welcome to Krishnans page

This blog is a joint effort of two sisters, Vidhya G. Krishnan and G. Sukanya Krishnan to share their views on different topics.

Monday, March 20, 2006

The perfect world

- Vidhya Krishnan

Many times I wonder why is this world around me not perfect? Why are people behaving like this? Why does this happen? So many such questions bombard my mind. In a quite moment, I found some intriguing answers. If the world outside is perfect how would one get an opportunity to turn inward? How would one know that there is a world beyond this physical world? If everything is perfect outside, one would never like to nourish the world inside, that is the source.

Many of us might have come across moments or events in life that we really don’t like. We wish it didn’t happen. But did we ever realize it is a great opportunity for me to go beyond and accept things as it is. My expectations prevents me from acceptance. It keeps me waiting, disappointed, anxious etc. It brings out various negative emotions / feelings with it. It makes me to lose myself and my precious time.

Do I really need a perfect world? Is there any other option? Yes, there is. To make myself perfect! :)

4 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What may be perfect to you may not be perfect to me, and what I call perfect may not be to you. Most of the things that you have described can be summarized in the following couple of quotes -
    "Expectation is the mother of all disappointment"
    "Nobody's perfect"
    "It takes all kinds of people to make a world"
    "Time and tide wait for none"
    And, by the way, I like you for what you are, you don't have to become perfect for me to like you.. :-)

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger The Soul Doctor said…

    @ Vidhya

    Firstly, try to Define perfection!

    You say Expectations leads to dissapointments. The easiest method is not to have expectations and end up living like a vegetable.

    When you give an exam, dont expect that you will get 100% marks. because doing so might cause dissapointment if you get even 99% marks.

    Then where is excellence in life?

    With no excellence or striving for excellence, what perfection are you talking about??

    arent your arguments self contradictory?

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Vidhya Krishnan said…

    HI Niranj,

    Perfection is realizing the reality of who you are. That is the way I see it. Perfection means without even slightlest mix of ego coming into the action. Thanks for liking me as I am. :)

     
  • At 10:00 PM, Blogger Vidhya Krishnan said…

    HI Karthik,

    Yes, it might have been better if I had defined what is perfection. My comment to Niranj has my viwe of perfection.

    I never mentioned not to have any aim for excellence or going for it. I see expectation as different from planning or achieving the goal. Without expectation one can achieve lot more as there is no stress or anxiety.

    The perfection I am talking about is inner perfection, although most of the times we look out for perfection. Hope I am clear!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home