Welcome to Krishnans page

This blog is a joint effort of two sisters, Vidhya G. Krishnan and G. Sukanya Krishnan to share their views on different topics.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Yet another day…

-Sukanya Krishnan

My Mourning blues..Oops Morning blues…

Ok…So its time again to get up with the same thought about what am I going to do at work today!! Oh..yet another day to go through… sitting at my same old office, going through the same old stereotypic work, attending the same old meetings with all the HEADS’ heads put together - yet arriving at no conclusion and no clarity…what nonsense am I doing…Why should I do it this way..why not do it even better..why do these people work as if its jus for the sake of it…why can't they handle things better even after working over the same job for more than a decade…GOK…I mean God Only Knows….This same OLD office is the one am in only for the past 21 months..But it seemed like 21 decades…

I work as a Production Engineer, in a place where except me all are men. I have to honestly admit I never came across any Gender Discrimination so far…But that itself was a slight discomfort for me most of the time…I had to sit with my ears closed…for some of the rubbish conversations going on around…for some of the stupid fights that will go up to the extent of personal abusing among themselves..for some of those immatured gossips …for some of their talks on their great experiences in bars.. for some of their proud boastings on that…oops…I was never prepared to take it…

This USED to be my level of frustrations which was getting increased day by day inside…
But I am not regretting even for the slightest extent for choosing this field of Manufacturing which is solely a man’s world (even now)…Instead I had my side clear…I started to move out of the place before I could sense any discomfort approaching…Fine..before my whole idea of this post takes an offset, let me come back to the point...How to overcome these morning blues…or even evening blues…or blues as a whole…What is it that I am expecting out of life..?
what is that I really think would keep me happy all the time…?
I knew the answer…Once I knew, it was not at all tough to come to office after that..i felt happy taking up the challenge..Not all people run the race…many prefer to be an audience..

I feel, accepting what I have this moment is the greatest strength I can show towards the situations. I can not change what happens around me..i can't change people..am not here for that..but..

I can have control over me..over my false expectations..over my perceptions..over my emotions and over my needs..My happiness doesn't lie outside..its well preserved inside…So just go for it..Grab this second..Make it eternal..and there is the happiness…Making each and every second successful and fulfilling for the self…

The best thing i can do to preserve my happiness is to stop looking outside and turn inward...

Still I sometimes feel dejected... but then I remind myself, the race is not yet over…its not yet another day now.. .but.. Wow!! There is another day more...

"The hardest thing in life, is letting go of what you thought was real."---- This was the simplest of the lessons i learnt recently...Lesson is simple..But way to go....

1 Comments:

  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger The Soul Doctor said…

    @ sukhanya

    you are a production enng!! Even I was doing production engg in PSG tech before i left it way back in 94 and became what I am now.And I thought TVS school was the only thing common between us.

    I chose production above even computers/eee/ece because that was the closest to mechanical engg in PSG tech . its another issue that I never had any inclination for becoming a stereotype engg.

    your second quotation is also very nice. are these yours or you read them somewhere?

    now coming to your mournings....I agree with you. it sucks to be in same office, atleast for me for more than 6 months. I believe that every proffessional worth his salt, would always think of a better way of doing things. Even i do so. And i face a lot of hardships getting my way through. i can well imagine how difficult it would be for you especially if you are the only woman in the whole office.

    When ever i hit road blocks like this, i just repeat this famous prayer

    o god, give me the serenity to accept things the way they are, the courage to change things i can and the wisdom to know the difference between the two.

    anyways...good luck.nicely written article.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home